Careers | fashion magazine
At THE ICONIC, our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and employees. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people who believe in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion, sports, home and beauty.
Our planners are an eclectic mix of product-loving strategic problem solvers and creative analytical thinkers. They analyze and forecast financial and product trends, review our product performance and ensure that sufficient inventory is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate pricing structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They play a key role in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for improving and streamlining processes. They are dedicated to efficiency and love numbers.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a planner to join our local team to help us evolve the Australian e-commerce and fashion landscape. THE ICONIC Home provides an all-in-one destination to seamlessly access bedding, kitchen accessories, stationery, technology, towels, bathmats, aromatherapy, art art, outdoor furniture and more and offers our customers access to a selection of contemporary homeware brands. If you are a highly skilled planner and love all things home and lifestyle, then read on!
- Communicates confidently with senior management and uses their influence and knowledge to drive department growth
- Manages the BUB process, works collaboratively with purchasing to meet deadlines and ensures brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Manages a WSSI, owns forecasts and presents at forecasting meetings
- Effectively manages the prioritization of own and direct team’s workload during peak planning periods
- Season and post-season performance reviews, giving recommendations on where to focus, grow and decline
- Ensure all tools and reports are in place to ensure the buying team can make fact-based decisions
- Mitigate risk by identifying problem areas and prompting action
- Strives to continually improve its own service, whether in processes, systems or tools
- Leads department strategy and contributes to broader segment strategy
- Develops a medium and long-term strategic vision to drive the growth and profits of the department
- Suggests actions to take based on potential future concerns, either based on economic or social trends
- Works closely with the Planning Manager and Buyers to maximize profits for the season
- Monitors all facets of the department, implements plans for all underperforming categories and brands, and identifies ways to potentiate opportunities
- Proposes marketing campaigns to the planning manager ensuring that the promotional activity gives the best possible result, maintaining the margin
- Collaborates across departments, building strong relationships with other category management departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen the position of the service
- Works cross-functionally, building strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen the position of the service
- Embraces and promotes positive change throughout the department
- Embody THE ICONIC values and refer to the values when defining objectives and KPIs
Apply via LinkedIn only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To keep up to date with fashion jobs in Sydney, subscribe to Fashion Journal Career Updates here.