Digital Marketing Manager Job, Cape Town
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost for the company|
|Benefits:||In the cost package for the company|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
Digital marketers look sharp! We have an incredibly exciting job opportunity for a dynamic and passionate Senior Digital Marketing Manager in a renowned retail/commercial/tourism destination in Cape Town. In this exceptional role of Senior Director of Digital Marketing, you will drive digital marketing capabilities across the business by conceptualizing, setting up, implementing and managing the brand’s digital marketing strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to effectively leverage paid, owned, earned and social media across all digital marketing platforms as part of the marketing and communications strategy. Through the intelligent use of digital levers, you will be called upon to enable the brand to more effectively attract, intimately understand and meet the needs of consumers, tenants, visitors, staff and other stakeholders in order to to extract commercial value from it. You will also be responsible for developing and leading a high performing team by integrating the business performance process, regular feedback and coaching.
This engaging role is part of the team responsible for creating compelling purpose-driven brand stories and commercially viable experiences down the line. Do you have what it takes to skyrocket this globally recognized brand into the stratosphere? Apply today!
Strategic planning and thought leadership
- Develop a digital marketing strategy and frameworks that will guide the company’s strategic priorities
- Shape the digital marketing strategy to create relevant experiences for consumers and stakeholders
- Lead innovative thinking and provide insight into new technologies that will ensure the brand constantly improves and maintains its visibility, timeliness and relevance.
- Collaborate company-wide to monitor industry trends and review opportunities for digital marketing innovation
- Continuously identify, analyze and align the latest digital media trends and emerging technologies to keep the brand at the forefront of developments
- Lead digital marketing investments across the company and benchmarking of best practices.
Digitize marketing strategies
- Leverage the full digital ecosystem to support and drive informed and integrated marketing campaigns in collaboration with senior marketing managers
- Develop and manage all digital marketing projects and campaigns
- Translate the overall brand architecture into a dynamic digital brand
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of all digital marketing initiatives
- Maintain a permanent approach by creating relevant and meaningful digital content
- Lead search engine optimization and search engine marketing knowledge for the company
- Develop and maintain all project assets and deliverables, including creative briefs, project plans, wireframes, site architectures, and copy platforms
- Plan and manage effective use of digital marketing budget
- To evolve our online platforms for e-commerce purposes.
- Develop and maintain internal partnerships – in particular between the Marketing, BU and IT teams
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with digital agencies and associated third-party vendors
- Define and partner with the optimal mix of suppliers
- Manage vendor SLAs and manage performance where applicable.
Program evaluation and reports
- Ensure success metrics and goals for digital interventions are created in advance, and monitor and evaluate performance against set benchmarks
- Monitor performance goals and metrics across the digital ecosystem (e.g. website, social media, etc.) and align with business strategy
- Compile/prepare reports for feedback to key stakeholders (internal and external) and, where appropriate, present findings
- Develop and implement systems or tools that enable real-time course correction and long-term learning.
Listening & Analytics
- Develop and implement a real-time listening and monitoring infrastructure for the company
- Define and implement a social media moderation policy that informs real-time agility and responsiveness
- Use mobile digital technology to better interact with our customer database, creating more engaged relationships across and with the business.
- Drive the development of knowledge, skills and abilities within the marketing team in key priority areas including (but not limited to): digital content development, digital technologies and platforms, database management , digital innovation, digital business impact
- Lead and maintain organizational intelligence and a digital mindset, delivering insights to the business and learning from the industry that will improve the digital capability of brand teams
- Lead executive-level discussions that build understanding of the digital ecosystem
- Engage and share best practices and developments with all business units and marketing team
- Develop and maintain an effective team through selection, training, motivation, mentoring and performance management
- Ensure shared learning and collaboration between different BUs and marketing teams.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-year Bachelor of Commerce in Business, Digital Marketing or related field
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing or brand management – preferably in an FMCG environment
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and digital disciplines
- Brand management, advertising and content creation
- Sales and Marketing Software
- Technological advances
- Data analysis software
- Technological skills in various digital disciplines (e.g. Programatics, UX, SEO)
- Project management
- Human ressources
- Budget management
- Tactical thinking
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Information gathering
- Digital and financial acuity
- Planning and organization
- Project management
- Communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Social abilities
- Emotional intelligence
- Technological/digital skills
VGP Recruitment is a recruitment agency specializing in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, public relations/communications and publishing sectors.
Posted on March 11 12:38, Closing date May 10