Empower your students to thrive in a multilingual world with Infobase Transparent Language Online
Recipient of seven consecutive Platinum Modern Library Awards (MLA), Online transparent language supports the language needs of schools and libraries in over 110 languages and dialects, from Afrikaans to Zulu, including English for speakers of over 30 native languages. This comprehensive language solution uses innovative technology and methods to enable faster, more reliable language learning outcomes for students, teachers, and anyone who wants to become more proficient in another language.
Online transparent languageThe research-based, experiential-driven methodology is designed to help students and adult learners master a new language quickly and clearly. Courses include ESL/ELL resources and languages not offered in the formal curriculum. Additional resources designed to supplement existing curriculum are provided for existing curriculum in support of middle school through adult education programs.
“We are delighted that this partnership allows us to empower students and teachers to use new languages in the classroom,” Paul Skordilis, CEO of Infobase, said in a statement. “In a diverse and multicultural world, teaching language skills is an absolute must.”
Helps develop language skills that globally minded learners will carry throughout their lives and careers
Students, teachers, librarians and administrators everything benefit from Online transparent languageproven best practices.
Through the Learning portalstudents can:
- Develop the four basic language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing – through over 18 activities.
- Access courses, assignments, lessons, vocabulary, grammar, culture and alphabets.
- Maintain what they’ve learned by updating words and phrases with Learned Vocab activities.
- Set daily learning goals to maintain engagement.
- Learn where, when and how they need: Online transparent language is accessible on desktop/laptop computers, as well as iOS and Android™ mobile devices (phones and tablets).
With the Instructor Portalteachers spend less time planning and more time engaging students in technology that complements classroom time and improves learning outcomes, including:
- Basic skills building activities that integrate listening, speaking, reading and writing – the four pieces of the language puzzle. Online transparent language brings them all together through dozens of learning activities, including pronunciation exercises and typing tasks.
- Support for blended learning allows educators to turn their language lessons on their head by ensuring that students come to class equipped with the words and phrases they need to engage in communicative activities and contextual learning.
- Lesson creation tools and the extensive course and lesson catalog allow teachers to quickly and easily create and assign custom lessons that support alignment with their curriculum and match grade-appropriate standards.
- Progress tracking allows educators to run reports on a range of user statistics in real time.
- Classroom management helps instructors easily organize and manage classes, create assignments, track student activity, and more.
- Built-in messaging allows instructors to send messages to their class at any time to remind students of assignments, due dates, and other useful information.
With the Administrator portaladministrators and librarians can easily manage their subscription with:
- Usage Tracking: Real-time, continuously updated usage reports that help measure ROI through a 24/7 administrative portal.
- Free promotional materials to spread the word, from blog posts to posters and beyond.
- Staff training and support.
Learn more about Online transparent language
Watch a demonstration of Online transparent language.
Based on the same technology that the U.S. military and other government agencies rely on to train their personnel, educators can now bring this award-winning technology to their classroom and college. To learn more about Online transparent languagetry the software or contact a representative to discuss, contact Infobase at [email protected].
About the infobase:
Infobase, a portfolio company of Center Lane Partners, is a provider of educational solutions that facilitate the connection between content, people and learning experiences that enable all users to grow personally and professionally throughout their lives. . Infobase provides award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, university, and public library communities.
Powered by well-known brands such as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom’s, Ferguson’s and Firsthand, Infobase offers students, educators, librarians, parents and professionals a wide range of solutions they need to inspire, empower and inform lifelong learners. For more than 80 years, Infobase has been a trusted, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content, whether at school, in the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.infobase.com.
About Transparent Language, Inc.
At Transparent Language, we leverage our expertise in technology and in language learning and teaching research and practice to create unique capabilities for use by US government agencies and organizations, as well as hundreds of public libraries, thousands of schools and millions of individuals. . We care about all languages, regardless of their business value. We believe that language technology should work for all courses and programs, not just a few courses. It must benefit not just individuals, but entire programs. We believe that great language technology doesn’t just change the user experience; it transforms the economics, logistics and reliability of language learning.