Entrepreneur in charge of marketing – The Other Art Fair
Presented by Saatchi Art, The other art fair is a premier art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, London, Toronto, Sydney and Melbourne. Unlike traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, as well as experiential programming, attracting new art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, building and cultivating digital-focused businesses in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home and decoration (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs) and Art and design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance-driven brands in key categories such as travel, pets and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun and collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous and open-minded. We seek proactive and responsible individuals focused on continuous learning and growth to advance themselves and our businesses. Discover us here.
The Other Art Fair is a global collection of artist-led art events where everyone is welcome. Where the art world as you knew it went one way, we went the other. Where elitism, expense and suffocation are the norm, we dare to deviate and create something different. You won’t find VIP ropes outside our door.
The Other Art Fair is looking for a Entrepreneur responsible for marketing (with the potential to become permanent) to oversee the marketing of its Sydney and Melbourne fairs.
We are looking for a marketing professional to help us manage fair campaigns and increase attendance at our three annual art fairs in Australia. This role is broad and the ideal candidate will be able to switch between copywriting, partnerships, email creatives and forecasting any day. One of the main objectives of the role is to maintain the momentum of visitor attendance and word of mouth reputation that the fair has gained over the past few years, and you can do this by coming to the position with new partnership and content ideas, a passion for marketing, a love for data, and the excitement to tackle big work in a small team.
Art isn’t just a convention or a rule, and neither should the way people enjoy it. Our fairs combine affordable, original works and independent artists with immersive installations, performances, DJs to create environments where art is reframed and new perspectives are encouraged. We have in-person trade shows in Australia, the UK and across the US, alongside a recently launched portfolio of virtual trade shows, and have ambitious growth plans for the future.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Entrepreneur responsible for marketing grows with us.
You will report to: Marketing Manager
A typical day as a Contract Senior Marketing Executive may include:
- Marketing campaigns (20%)
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager, Australian Fair Manager and Australian Fair Assistant, you will work to design and create omnichannel marketing and promotion campaigns. Work with Marketing Manager to develop a strategy to promote visitors through a mix of partnerships, email marketing, paid digital content, social media content, copywriting and more.
- Email marketing (25%)
- Manage email content strategy, authoring in Dreamweaver, and data segmentation, including performance tracking and optimization alongside the data curation team.
- Partnerships, public relations and influencers (20%)
- Create and manage lead generation efforts, including sweepstakes, content marketing initiatives, and brand partnerships. Work with the PR team to extend the impact and reach of media efforts earned.
- Content creation (15%)
- Creating content for social media, email campaigns, websites performing social listening, providing ongoing performance reporting and designing influencer marketing initiatives.
- Forecasts, reports and analyzes (10%)
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Show Manager to accurately forecast show attendance, monitor ticket sales and make recommendations on campaign performance to help the team meet their KPIs. Report on the overall performance of the marketing campaign at the end of the fair cycle.
- Leadership and team contribution (10%)
- Play an active role in weekly brainstorms to help develop show content that will drive shows forward
- and increase public relations content and visitor traffic.
- Management of a marketing intern throughout the pre-show cycle.
- You will succeed if you are strategic, creative and enthusiastic. You are personable, interested in events, have a keen sense of grammar and writing impactful texts, and want to contribute to the continued growth and success of The Other Art Fair. You want to roll up your sleeves and take advantage of the opportunity to work in a fast-paced events role.
What you have:
- 3-4 years of work experience in a marketing role
- Experience using email software providers such as MailChimp, Dot Mailer, Adestra or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Don’t be afraid to wear many hats – no job is too small or too big
- We are laid back and informal, but we work hard and responsibly. Personal responsibility goes a long way. We believe we are the change
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Canva
- Proficiency in HTML and Adobe Dreamweaver
What we have:Leaf Group is one of the 2022 and 2019 Built In LA Best Places To WorkComparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity and Top CEO for WomeneHow is People’s Choice 2019 & 2020 and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How to DIY OnlyInYourState is ranked #3 on Travel and Information Site (ComScore) Well+Good is the Winner People’s Choice 2019 Webby’s Best Lifestyle Award +Good is Fast Company’s 2018 Most Innovative Company Award WinnerMyPlate is the 2018 Webby Best Design Award Winner2017 Best Company Award Winner for diversity
For permanent full-time positions:Competitive compensation and benefits (i.e. medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401K) Gender-neutral family leave Paid-to-play vacation rewards Unlimited, discretionary vacation time Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6 and Deny Designs
To treat:Step 1: A video/phone call with a member of our recruiting team. In this call, we’ll cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high-level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role. Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the recruitment team to dig deeper into your experiences and goals. Step 3: A short assessment to help us see your skills in relation to the role we have. We’ll look at this in Step 1. Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key role stakeholders (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dig deeper into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.
Leaf Group is a diverse, fair and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, abilities and experiences to apply for our positions. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status or family, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status or other legal status. protected status.
Agency Disclosure: If Leaf Group’s Talent Acquisition Department, or any current Company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third-party recruitment agency and Leaf Group has not signed an active agency agreement, Leaf Group will not be required to pay any placement fees. Unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and may be considered for our recruiting efforts.