Job opening: KTVQ: Client content producer
Client Content Producer and Host, KTVQ
The Customer Content Producer and Host is a non-news role, typically within the sales department, with the ultimate goal of generating sales revenue.
The Client Content Producer and Host is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing local lifestyle stories and sponsored content for multiple platforms. May also perform hosting tasks for non-informational programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works in the sales department to create and develop paid content ideas specific to broadcast, digital, social media and OTT audiences.
- Learns and leverages local community knowledge to develop timely and relevant video concepts.
- Independently produces and hosts Sponsored Video Content.
- Independently performs video recording and photography for a wide variety of station projects, including feature sets, bumpers, sales presentations, promotional spots and programming.
- Works with clients, talents, account managers, sales management, digital director and commercial production with on-site and studio production proficiency to develop sales-sponsored content.
- Attends sales meetings, customer brainstorming sessions, and occasionally attends a customer meeting exploring the concept of a paid segment or video series.
- Conduct pre-production calls with clients to define expectations for their paid content segment.
- Coordinate filming for clients.
- May develop unpaid lifestyle content for local broadcast day shows.
- Collaborates with creative teams to improve editing styles for greater relevance to the viewer.
- Periodically appears on TV during an interview or recorded narration or as a host.
- Can report live from the field or events.
- Drives the company vehicle on various missions.
- Writes descriptions for social posts and paid content on the station’s website.
- Collaborate with and assist co-hosts as needed.
- Can help the producer prepare for the show.
- Maintains the local programming video library and music library.
- Maintains photographic equipment.
- Other assigned tasks.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- BS / BA in a related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field with professional shooting and editing experience required.
- Proven success in developing, growing and maintaining a social network using creative videos; considered a local influencer.
- Experience in videography and non-linear editing appreciated.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Must be very creative and versatile
- Very motivated and motivated
- Capable of independently filming and hosting video segments
- Able to create and grow your brand, increasing the number of viewers and subscribers from multimedia platforms
- Working knowledge of advanced camera equipment, audio and lighting equipment
- Video editing on Final Cut Pro or similar equipment
- Diffusion-grade lighting and editing skills
- Confidence to direct and coach the participants and co-collaborators of the shoot
- Familiar with digital storage and servers
- Must be familiar with shooting and field editing
- Working knowledge of After Effects is preferred
- Computer skills required
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Able to work well under pressure and within daily deadlines
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and defamation laws
- Able to work independently on larger and moderately complex projects
- Able to work effectively with business clients
- Ability to create animated graphics preferred
- Sitting, walking and standing.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, overtime available and on call.
- May require overnight and weekend travel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and civil liability may be required.
We have hikers, climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, players, hunters, anglers, beekeepers, travelers, boaters, community leaders and any other mix of backgrounds , passions and various life experiences. We are a welcoming, mission-driven and dynamic community of individuals who continue to grow as we grow our business and reach our full potential in all aspects of our business.
WHERE YOU WILL LIVE, WORK AND PLAY:
Billings, MT, where outdoor enthusiasts appreciate the charm of a big, small town and quick access to national parks. Skiing is right outside your door as well as 47 miles of hiking and biking trails that surround Montana’s largest city. There is no better place to hike the trails than in the Montana Trail.
Billings offers hundreds of acres of city parks. Roll or walk along the legendary Yellowstone River, take in the everlasting views from Swords Park, or head west to wilder scenery near the Zimmerman Trail. The magical city lives up to its name with its culture and arts, including many shops, theaters, restaurants and famous local breweries. The dynamic economy promotes entrepreneurship and a medical center with a regional health center and two universities. Positioned as a gateway to Yellowstone National Park and Wyoming, tours including the magnificent Big Horn Mountains and more without the hassles of the big city are abundant. It’s no wonder Billings was voted No. 24 of America’s 100 Best Places to Live, but don’t worry, it’s the humble, independent and caring people who make Billings the magical city in which to live, work and to play.
HOW WE GUARANTEE YOU SAFE:
In keeping with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free from known hazards, all employees and visitors should be fully immunized against COVID-19. We may also require to stay up to date on booster injections in the future based on recommendations from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the manufacturer. If you are hired, we will ask you to verify that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. by Scripps in writing. This requirement excludes positions located in Montana.
SCRIPPS ‘COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we’re committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We intend to create an environment in which employees, our audience and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a corporate culture that embraces the diversity of each person, including how similar or different they are. Scripps executives believe that a fair and inclusive culture is not just the right thing to do, it’s a business imperative. Learn more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
EW Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diverse media company focused on creating a better informed world. As the country’s fourth largest local television broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps networks reach nearly all Americans through the national media Court TV and Newsy and the popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff, and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the largest holder of broadcast spectrum in the country. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative newsroom in Washington, DC, and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has for decades adhered to the motto “Give light and people will find their own way.”
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, The EW Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in their employment decisions on the basis of race, gender, orientation gender, transgender status, sex, color, religion, age, genetic information, health status, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and membership in the military or veteran status, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with known disabilities, unless this would cause undue hardship to the company.