Social Media Manager – Q City Metro
This strategy-focused position supports and enhances external communications initiatives to improve how the college connects with students/parents, prospective students/parents, employees, alumni/donors, and community members through through social media communication and multimedia marketing efforts.
The Social Media Manager must have the ability to develop engaging and thoughtful social media content that tells the story of Central Piedmont and captures the inspiring efforts and achievements of our students,
teachers and staff.
Typical tasks and responsibilities
1. Serves as the chief social media strategist and content creator/developer of the college. Working as a “journalist,” this role writes copy; Take some pictures; shoots, edits and produces social media videos; and generates graphics that adhere to college branding guidelines for college social media posts that tell the college story.
2. Develops the overall college social media strategy through the execution and implementation of social media communication. Creates and manages social media campaigns, schedules posts, and supports goals and timelines for social media communications/marketing efforts. This includes managing the college’s highly successful student, employee and alumni story campaign, including matching photography and videography needs.
3. Produces short and long videos for Instagram Stories/Reels, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Produces feature-length style videos; live videos in class; event videos; and promo-style program presentation videos.
4. Oversees the college’s social media style guide and contributes to the implementation of the college’s overall digital style guide and helps enforce it; monitors official college social media communications for accurate and consistent compliance with college brand style guide standards.
5. Collaborates with the Communications, Marketing and Public Relations (CMPR) team to conceptualize and develop communications/marketing plans to utilize digital and social media channels, and to create online/social media content (including but not limited to tweets, status updates, interactive photos and videos) to support social media purposes.
6. Works closely with CMPR team to reuse and align social media content across multiple channels including college website, internal and external newsletters, annual publications, etc.
7. Works with CMPR leadership to manage the college’s online reputation and brand while creating and maintaining open lines of communication with members of the digital community.
8. Maintains knowledge of current industry practices to make recommendations related to information design and monitors the competitive environment (often using analytics) to improve/increase the college’s presence on the social media.
9. Writes and edits online content assigned to the college, which may include copy for web pages, social media posts, e-newsletters, and mass communications (email, email marketing, text, etc).
10. Develops and submits monthly social media analytics reports.
11. Review assigned marketing communications, as requested.
12. Assists CMPR leadership, serving as the primary contact, to implement the crisis communications plan during a critical event/emergency.
13. Manages a team of interns and/or student content contributors, oversees a content editorial calendar, and identifies key influencers to positively promote the Central Piedmont brand in an authentic manner.
14. Serves on assigned committees.
15. Performs other assigned duties.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics
Strong written and oral communication skills
Experience with social media platforms (including but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.
Experience using and leveraging social media management and analytics tools, including Sprout Social
Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Ability to work with others in a team environment
Attention to detail
Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Ability to think independently, be creative, and take the initiative to find content to effectively tell the college story through social media
Strong interpersonal, collaborative and teamwork skills
Video production/editing skills
Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of related work experience in social media, communications and/or marketing
Experience in a client-oriented or student-centered academic environment