Torch & Crown Brewing Company – Field Sales Manager – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Posting
Torch & Crown Brewing Company
Apply for this job
Torch & Crown Brewing Company is Manhattan’s brewery. We exist to embody the ambition, drive, diversity and progress that define New York City. We’re here to bring New York City closer to beer like never before.
Our field sales team is a fundamental growth engine for Torch & Crown’s wholesale business and is responsible for growing the sales and distribution of the Torch & Crown portfolio across all assigned brewery territories. We see Manhattan and the Five Boroughs as a huge opportunity for a local brand here in New York City, and our field sales team is the backbone of that growth. We really try to do it differently, from our account support and our focus on education to our beer quality and customer service. It’s definitely not business as usual when it comes to selling beer these days, so if that sounds interesting to you, keep reading.
These primary responsibilities of our Field Sales Manager will also focus on existing key retailers (both on-site and off-site) and new business development efforts in their assigned territory. The Field Sales Manager will spend approximately 90% of their time performing retail sales and field support, with additional responsibilities for event management and reporting / administration in a smaller capacity. The Field Sales Manager reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Achieve sales targets in accordance with our annual sales planning process
- Use the existing account base in the New York market to secure new distribution points, execute promotional activities and increase market share
- Solicit new business to increase volume share in the New York City market
- Manage weekly orders and communication with the Torch & Crown distribution team
- Host events and promotions to increase brand awareness and drive sales in New York City. We hate using the word âbrand awarenessâ because it makes us stiff, but you get the point. No more torch in front of more people.
- Organize staff trainings, beer tastings and other events as needed / requested
- Be the resident beer expert in your area. We want to provide the best customer service, knowledge and overall New York account value to make our portfolio a mainstay of the city. We don’t want a typical hard selling approach; we want to become a trusted partner for all of our retail customers. This means that you are detail-oriented, that you always do what you say you are going to do, and most of all, you are a good listener.
- Be yourself – We’re never going to give you a script and we want you to bring your flavor and energy to the role. Make it yours.
Terms & Conditions
- Baccalaureate required
- 2-3 years of relevant sales / account management experience in the craft beverage industry
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn internal CRM and sales management software
- Knowledge of beer styles, brewing and industry trends
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, time management and planning skills
- Valid driver’s license with blank driving record
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing / walking, ability to lift 20-50 lbs unassisted, comfort of moving full drums (165 lbs) as needed
- A good sense of humor. Selling beer should be the funniest job in the world and we want our team to embody the voice of the Torch & Crown brand and city-centric perspective. You have to be able to roll with the punches.
- Energy and Ambition. We are a small company with big goals and are looking for people who are constantly working to take it to the next level with us.
- Applicants must comply with all health and safety policies instituted by management (including all requirements related to COVID-19)
- Best salary – we believe our employees are our greatest asset and we compensate competitively through base salary and quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Exceptional advantages – health / dental / vision coverage; 401 (k); a generous Personal Leave Policy (PTO), including vacation and sick leave; maternity and paternity leave; ability to own our business
- Social ascension – we are now a small company, but as we grow across our two locations and multiple business segments we will need a proactive team. We are looking for a person who wishes eventually to evolve in his role and with the company
- Full transparency – we will accurately communicate our vision and how we execute it. We don’t expect you to blindly follow orders, and we will never ask you for anything without communicating the âwhyâ behind it.
- A united team and a culture built around the success of each individual. We work hard to achieve our common goals and we consciously build a team that wants to support each other.
Apply for this job